How does Papersmyths collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you contact Papersmyths by telephone or email.
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will Papersmyths collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, Papersmyths may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make with Papersmyths.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
- Details of when you contact Papersmyths by email, post or telephone. Please note that we my keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
What does Papersmyths use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website or in-store (please note that your details we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services offered by Papersmyths, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Papersmyths, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Papersmyths which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that Papersmyths, or substantially all of its assets, is sold, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the buyer and you agree that if you have provided us with consent to contact you by email or otherwise, any such buyer shall also be deemed to have received the same consent. As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products that Papersmyths offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you.
How does Papersmyths store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers which are operated by our trusted providers.
We will always aim to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the rules set out under European law or alternatively in accordance with other national or international legislation, systems or contractual provisions which are recognised by the European Union as being adequate to safeguard your personal data.
We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then contact us and we will carry out your request.